Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Study Chandelier


Life got in the way a bit today, so I didn't make as much progress as I'd hoped. Got some of the plaster patches primed and that's it other than installing a new chandelier in the study. It's much more in keeping with the style/purpose of the room and throws better, warmer light.

Once again, you're never sure what you'll get when you get under the canopy. Every once in a while I have to channel MacGyver...

What should have been a five minute job took quite a bit longer and a bit of fabricating. Cut a little off this, thread it through that, and find that lock washer and nut that I saved from 3 projects ago. I've learned to save everything. I know I'll find a use for it somewhere else in the house.

And because the old chandelier's canopy wasn't removed for painting the last time, I know what color the ceiling used to be in this room... Nothing surprises me anymore. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment