Friday, October 16, 2015

Master Bath - Part 14

All week I've been messing with this corner cabinet. And I finally have it mostly installed today.

By mostly, I mean that the crown molding still needs to be installed. Otherwise it's done.  I'm going to practice my miter cuts on the base moldings first, though...

This corner cabinet is actually four pieces, which explains the messing about all week.

The four parts are:

  • the center part with the shelves and door
  • the toe kick
  • the two wing pillars
The cabinet guy, Sean, was nice enough to provide some cleats cut at 45-degree angles for attaching the wings to the main cabinet.  I had to dry fit things several times to measure where additional cleats needed to go on the walls, both behind the wings and at a 45-degree angle behind the shelf unit.  The cleats gave me something to screw into to attach the whole assembly to the walls.

Now, on to the base moldings!

No comments:

Post a Comment