Sunday, August 16, 2009

New Phone Lines


That's much better. Now no one can get electrocuted when the phone rings...

I installed this structured media panel from Leviton yesterday. This is the smallest of the panels and we still have plenty of room for expansion later. It's in the basement rather than being attached to the window sill in a bedroom. :-)

This morning I ran and punched down the phone lines (upper left). I also ran the wired internet lines, but just used plugs at this end (coiled cable at the lower left) that will go to the switch - a patch panel is overkill for what we need. I also ran the CATV (upper right). Later, I'll home-run the CATV outlets and they'll terminate here, too. Right now the demarc for those is just a splitter on the outside of the house and the coax to each outlet runs on the exterior of the house. Sound familiar?

No comments:

Post a Comment