Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Newcomers 92 - Transplants 26


I spent Memorial Day remembering what it was like to sit around and do nothing. In reality the score was much closer than it looked. Because the transplants had to be dug up first, I'm doubling their score to 52.

The transplants put up a good fight. The 26 of them had to be moved to their proper locations - we'd just stuck them next to the carriage house when we moved in. They're divisions of perennials that we brought from our old house. Some of them are divisions that can be traced back to plants that my grandfather had...

The newcomers were dropped off by Boyd late yesterday morning. I planted 78 of them yesterday; the rest tonight. There were a variety of sizes, including 1, 2, 3, and 5-gallon containers and a great mixture of small trees, shrubs, and perennials.

I need to put my feet up now...

No comments:

Post a Comment