Monday, January 24, 2011

Study Bathroom Re-Plumbing - Part 2


Sunday I started removing the supply line for the toilet. To get access, I had to remove the toilet. And I suspected the foul odor was coming from the wax ring under the toilet. Sure enough I was right...

The supply lines came out with a little coaxing and the new PEX ones are already installed. Now I'm just patching the holes during the week.

All the valves and seals were shot on the toilet so I'm replacing them, too. Including the tank-to-bowl seals you can see in the picture.

The picture shows what was on the wall behind the toilet tank. It's a cool historical record of the decorating in this room.

I have no idea why the wall was initially painted black. Next is some very dark floral wall paper - slate gray with dark green and burgundy. Over that is some light green and cream floral wallpaper. After that, the walls were apparently painted a taupe/cream. And, finally, white.

If you look closely at the previous entry's photo, you can see some places on the wall where almost all of the wallpaper was removed before painting. We'll get that cleaned up before we decorate in here. We have something interesting in mind...

No comments:

Post a Comment