Friday, June 20, 2014

Bar Cabinets


Last weekend I installed the cabinets in the bar.

Nothing is plumb or level in houses, old or new, and this house isn't any different.

I halfheartedly tried installing them the old-school way with shims and a level.  I've done it before and it's still a pain.

I say halfheartedly because I found these things on the web and wanted to try the old-school way before plunking down any money.  They are way cool and made the job so much easier.

Once I got them installed it really did take less than 5 minutes to level the entire bank of cabinets.  By my self.

Tonight I cut and installed the rest of the base molding and cap around the cabinets.

I also cut and installed the cap down the staircase.

The last thing before priming all this woodwork is to cut and install the base shoe in the tiled areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment