Tuesday, October 6, 2015

The Cass Gilbert Experience - Post Postscript

During the tour, one of the guests asked about a website that talked about plaster repair.  I pointed them towards Big Wally's Plaster Magic which is a product I haven't tried yet, but will be soon.  There's a spot in the master bedroom that this should work for.

Now I find out the guest on the tour was actually asking about where I'd heard about the product (though that wasn't really communicated very clearly).

So if you're out there and reading this, the two forums were Old House Web and Wavy Glass.  I wouldn't bother with either of them, though; they've both been overrun by spammers and are now zombies.

A better place to find other old house lovers, blogs, and tips is thehistoricdistrict.org.

1 comment:

  1. Sad to see those sites die, and ya gotta wonder if the spammers actually benefit. I can't imagine any frequenter of those sites actually going to the spammers' sites, and if the spammers kill these sites, no one reads their posts. I guess it must work or they wouldn't do it, but I don't see how.

    ReplyDelete