Saturday, December 3, 2016

Back To Painting

This one's for Rhonda since she lives vicariously through this blog... I know this entry isn't long enough to occupy your entire lunch break, but I'm all talked out this week due to other factors... ;-)

Lot's of what's happening now are little tasks to really finish projects that were started earlier or re-do things that have since gone backwards.

An example of the latter is today's project.

Avid readers will recall the attempt to get the old fridge up to the attic and what ended up happening as a result.

The original attempt to get the fridge up the attic stairs caused some damage to the walls and chipped paint on the moldings.

As I've been mudding other things over the summer and fall, I've hit the necessary areas on the attic stairs as well.

A week or so ago, I did the final sanding and was happy with the results.

Today, in between other things, I painted the walls. Two coats are on and it's nearly dry already.

I still have to touch up the woodwork, though that will wait until I have all the woodwork prepared in the back hall on the second floor.  I'll use oil-based paint and there's no sense in having to clean the brush multiple times.

No comments:

Post a Comment