Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Light Bulbs

We had a friend over for an update tour last weekend. She hadn't been here in a while, so she got to see the many updates since she was here last.

Along the way we noticed a number of light bulbs that appeared to be out, so I added a new task to my list.

It runs out many were loose and just needed to be screwed in a little tighter.

A few however were burned out.

I've been waiting to see when LED candelabra bulbs might be usable in exposed locations. I happened across these at the store.

Unlike many others that are unsightly around the base, these actually look like regular bulbs. And they now come in soft white so they look good when lit as well.

 

1 comment:

  1. I recently bought some of this style for a French Empire style chandelier in our new house. I am very pleased with the appearance and lighting, but after just 3 months, one of them started to flicker, and then went out. Good ol Menards was happy to replace it, but I hope they are more reliable than this over the long run.

    I am excited that we have attractive LED options again. Although I'm dissapointed that my favorite frosted bulb Cree LEDs have been updated with a larger, more obvious white plastic base. The older ones with the small finned ring were much less obvious as LED.

    ReplyDelete