Friday, November 24, 2017

Mind The Gap Again

SWMBO has complained about the carriage house entry being cold in the winter. With it being colder than normal over the past few weeks, she applied pressure for me to do something about it.

It didn't take much investigation to notice that the top edge of the door was not level with the jamb.

I fixed a problem like this once before, but in this case the solution is a little different.

The easiest way to solve this particular problem is to build up the door.  So I found a piece of poplar at the store that was about the right thickness at the thick end of the gap.

After planing it down and tapering it to fit the gap I installed it with glue and my pneumatic pinner. A little painters tape held down the thin end until the glue dried.

Now that the glue is dry we can pull the last of the tape remnants, clean it up, and paint it in the spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment