Sunday, January 21, 2018

Cigars

Before Christmas I hosted an open house for people I work with.

Some had been here before and tagged along on tours to see the changes.

Others had not been here before and received the full tour.

Often people ask if the house is haunted. In response I usually tell the story of the light in the  makeup mirror.

Now I have another story to tell.

During the tour with a handful of people, we were in the Study. I was describing how its style is much more masculine than the Music Room. I mentioned that typically after dinner, the ladies would have gone to the Music Room and the men would have gone to the Study to have a cognac and cigar.

After I finished explaining, one of the ladies mentioned that she could smell cigar smoke. We all paused for a moment and could smell it too.

It wasn't a faint odor; it was noticeable.

I'm in the study typing this and it doesn't smell of cigar smoke now.  And there hasn't been a cigar smoke odor in this room in the past either.

Another thing that's hard to explain...

No comments:

Post a Comment