Monday, November 12, 2018

The Destroyer of Worlds

He's a lab.

That means he's bred to want to have things in his mouth.

It doesn't really matter what it is at this point.

Even heater control knobs will do.

Because I think I'm smarter than him and can see where this is going, I played the long game.

The electric baseboard heater belonging to this knob is in the entrance to the carriage house.

I'd previously removed it when I installed the new tile in the entry, so knew what needed to be done.

It wasn't really in too bad of shape, but has been painted a couple of times, evidence being that the knob is not the same color as the heater.

Also, to get where I want outsmarting the Destroyer of Worlds I might as well go all the way and replace the heater, too.

The replacement heaters were 25% off this week at the green big box store, so I got a new one and the associated smart thermostat.

No chew-able protrusions to tempt him any more...

It took me about an hour to remove the old one, unbox & install the new one, and decipher the particularly poorly written manual to correctly wire & program the thermostat.

And with the new auto-setback thermostat, it will probably save a few pennies on the electric bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment