Saturday, August 3, 2019

Other Party Preparation

Apologies for the long gap between updates. It has been a busy summer. Also apologies for the poor quality photos. They were taken from the second floor window and I didn't take time to remove the screen.

In the previous post I showed some of the party decorations. Here are some of the others.

With Little Man being a football player, the party had a football tailgating theme.

The party planner suggested turning the yard into a football field. That was enough to get me started.

A few minutes of thought, a little calculation to get the scale, and I had the plan. Having worked for the city as summer help as a teenager cutting grass and lining ball fields, I knew just what to do to execute the plan.

Spray paint, six stakes, some string, a tape measure, and a little simple math (remember the Pythagorean Theorem aka the 3-4-5 rule?). The tape measure and 3-4-5 rule makes it easy to get 90 degree corners.

I used the same spray paint that the utility companies use to mark their lines before you dig. It's available in many colors at your local big box store. I free-hand painted the yardage numbers and the high school mascot in the appropriate color in this end zone.

And the college mascot name in the other end zone.

If I hadn't miscalculated on paint, this would have taken only an hour or so. Alas, I needed to run to the orange box to get another can of white.

No comments:

Post a Comment