Saturday, March 27, 2010

Beige. I think I'll paint the ceiling beige...

That's how She Who Must Be Obeyed greeted me this morning. It's a punchline from an old joke, buts it's somewhat appropriate.

A long time ago, She Who Must Be Obeyed removed the fabric covering the ceiling in a couple of rooms. The fabric was falling down on its own, so it needed to come down. The plaster underneath was in surprisingly good condition in most places, but it was a little discolored in some spots and had never been painted. I filled the cracks and repaired in where necessary, but didn't paint it. That's this weekend's project now that the woodwork painting is done.

I've already primed the bare plaster today and will be doing some more prep in the other bedrooms this evening. Tomorrow it's ceiling white rather than beige...

No comments:

Post a Comment