Thursday, September 2, 2010

More Tile Removal


I finished removing the tile in the entry of the carriage house tonight. At one point She Who Must Be Obeyed came out to check on me and claimed I was "bleeding profusely". I wouldn't call it "profusely", but that's the difference in our personalities. With little shards of the $#%! tile flying everywhere, I'm not surprised I received a few cuts here and there. Safety glasses are a good thing, but they don't protect your forehead...

Some of the tiles came up easily; mostly the ones that were along the left side of the picture. The ones that were in the foreground and along the right side tended to break into a few large pieces - not so bad. But, the ones close to the stairs tended to break into little #$%! pieces. And of course, the concrete under those (close to the stairs) isn't in the greatest shape either...

But that's why I did the demolition before the long weekend - to allow extra time for fixing the stuff you can't see before you start.

I'll also be installing a new threshold. The old one has been removed, but I'm not sure you can tell in the picture. The old wooden one was mostly non-existent!

No comments:

Post a Comment