Saturday, September 25, 2010

Piddly Project Day


Too many little things have started to either annoy me or prevent me from checking things off my "honey-do" list.

I'm tired of sliding off this toilet (note that the missing pieces on the bottom of the seat that are supposed to keep it level). Every time I sit down I feel like I'm in one of those episodes of "Mad About You" with the sloping floor. So there's now a fancy, new, unstained seat installed. There's still an unpleasant odor on occasion, so I think think the wax ring is shot. A minor mechanical update of this room may be in the cards soon.

I finished painting the study walls, too. Yeah, I know, supposedly this was done a while ago. Well, some friends stopped over just as I was close to finishing up and I didn't get to the exposed radiator pipes on one wall along with the 6-inch by 10-foot strip behind the pipes where the roller wouldn't fit. Done now.

I also installed the other half of the base shoe in the study. It had been removed when we had the floors refinished and I finally found it.

Also caulked and foamed the threshold in the carriage house. All the rain over the past few days exposed some shortcomings at the bottom of the door frame/jamb.

And re-glazed a storm window for the kids' bathroom. Still needs paint before it can be installed. Of course we're out of that color, so paint and installation will have to wait for another day.

Break time is over! Back to Work!

No comments:

Post a Comment