Saturday, September 3, 2011

Gettin' dirty in the attic


I spent much of the day getting dirty in the attic. Back when I re-plumbed the laundry room, I'd disconnected the water supply to the bathroom in the attic. Someday we're going to gut the attic and figured it wasn't worth it to hook up the water temporarily.

Well... we decided to hook it up temporarily anyway.

The reason why will become apparent soon enough...

Fortunately, the back wall of the bathroom is adjacent to the unfinished space in the attic. Hooking up new water supplies was much easier from the back of the wall.

No holes required.

Just pull off the insulation and go.

I pulled out only the parts of the supply line I could easily get to and replaced them with new PEX (color coded, of course). When doing the laundry room, I'd already run the hot and cold trunk lines to the attic and capped them off. Just tap into them and...

Voila.

Working bathroom.

Mostly.

Like everywhere else, the toilet needs a new fill valve and the seat/lid are nasty and need replacing.


No comments:

Post a Comment