Thursday, July 18, 2013

The Old Master Bath - Part 4

If you look carefully you can see that I've started painting the woodwork and cabinetry in SWMBO's closet.  (OK, the serious painters would say that I'm not yet painting, I'm merely priming.  I'm fine with that.)

It's going a little slower than anticipated because, as a wise man once said, "Life is what happens while you're making other plans."

When I've had time to paint it's gone reasonably well so far.

Until I got to that lowest shelf near the window.

You see it's been pretty hot here lately (90+F).  And we don't have air conditioning.  And I'm trying to keep the dust down while I paint, so there's not fan.  Needless to say, I'm in there dripping with sweat.

I'm lying on the floor, contorted to reach into that lowest space.

Shift to reach a spot back in the corner...

And get a cramp in my calf.

I couldn't straighten out my leg because of where I was laying, so I just laid there like a turtle stuck on his back.

Maybe this post should have been titled The Old Painter Man...

No comments:

Post a Comment