Thursday, March 29, 2018

Carpet

My last task was to use a belt sander to ease the transition between the dressing room and overflow closet.  As hard as I tried, I couldn't get subfloor that was quite the right thickness. Other than breaking three belts in the process, it went pretty well...

And I finished in time for the carpet installers who came Wednesday.

We now have carpet on the back stairs between the first and second floors.

The back stairs have always been a little slippery, so the carpet helps significantly.

The color works well with the walls and the runners in the hallways.

For continuity, it also has a pattern that's similar to the attic carpet.

After eons without, there's now carpet in my closet as well.

I couldn't have carpet until she did, naturally.

It matches the carpet in the dressing room for SWMBO.

Or the other way 'round.

OK, the reality is that the remnant from the dressing room was installed in my closet.

Now that her dressing room has carpet, her little piggies are happy.

And that means everyone is happy.

She stood there for a couple of minutes wiggling her toes and purring like a happy kitten. The dog had no idea what was going on, but at least he didn't pee on the new carpet.

And they did a great job on the transition to the master bath.



No comments:

Post a Comment