Sunday, January 24, 2010

What's This?


We've found some interesting things when doing various projects. No big piles of money, but we're up to about $1.68 in change. Most of that was found in semi-animate blobs of lint and other unidentifiable stuff in the laundry room...

I've also learned to be very careful when doing demolition near or below a bathroom. I can't count the number of razor blades I've found in the wall. Apparently the slot in the old medicine cabinets was often used as a place to dispose of old razor blades - they just fall into the wall cavity. It's a good reminder to wear sturdy gloves when you're digging around in the debris too.

This thing has me stumped. I have no idea what it is. It's about 1/8-inch thick, though it tapers to a point at the sharp end. At it's widest point it's 5/8-inch wide.

I'm offering a reward of a lint-covered pile of change to anyone who can tell me what it really is. :-)

1 comment:

  1. I dont know if you read this anymore, but its made in Solingen, Germany. Knife blades are made there. It's likely a scissor (half) from a pocketknife.

    ReplyDelete