Saturday, January 16, 2010

Poly the Floor


Got up early this morning and finished sanding the floor. It sanded out nicely and I put the first coat of polyurethane on tonight. So far it looks really good and it will need a couple more coats.

In between, I did a whole bunch of other stuff. The base shoe is missing, incorrect, or in bad shape in a number of rooms and we're replacing it with new that we had milled at Scherer Brothers. My Dad came over this afternoon and he removed the old base shoe in a couple of rooms while I salvaged some baseboard and cap from a back bedroom. Later in the weekend we'll be using what I salvaged to patch where I removed some doors and a closet a while back. Then we can install the new base shoe everywhere.

I also tried valiantly to insulate the gap between the baseboard and floor boards on the curved wall in the master bedroom. The cold air has been rushing in because there has been no base shoe since we moved in. Unfortunately, the gap is big and there's little to adhere to so the foam keeps falling down the wall cavity. At least the dining room walls are getting insulated... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment