Saturday, October 9, 2010

The Pedimented Window...


"The pedimented window above the portico is particularly fine." At least, that's what it says in Larry Millet's AIA Guide to St. Paul's Summit Avenue and Hill District.

Who am I to argue? Excepting the work I have to get it back to expectations...

The screens are shown in this picture.

OK, what is supposed to be screens. The frames are there, but only the bottom openings actually have screen in them. Even the bottom screens have holes large enough for an Acteon Beetle to get through...

A while ago I'd found the storm windows in the basement. I've replaced the broken glass, scraped & painted them, and am ready to swap them in for the winter.

I can't get them open. Good thing the screening is missing so I can get outside. And what do I find?

The screen frames have been nailed into place...

Back to the workshop to put on my tool belt. This isn't a 10 minute project.

No comments:

Post a Comment