Saturday, July 18, 2015

Master Bath - Part 9

Earlier in the week I pressure tested the radiant tubing. Fortunately there were no leaks.  The biggest worry are the tubing joints and the danger of puncture when you're fastening the tubing.  This system doesn't require stapling the tubing, so that risk is a non-issue.

I couldn't get a true pre-assembled manifold to fit in the available space, so I had to build my own (seen in the first picture). I have only two loops, so the manifold is only a "tee", thus limiting the number of joints.  I reality, I don't have more joints than I'd have had with a manifold.

Nate installed the screed on Friday.  Many buckets of mortar screed got carried up the stairs.

Reports are that he liked it a lot.  According to the manufacturer the foam panels result in a 15-20% weight savings in mortar.

Now it cures for the weekend and floor tile can be installed next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment