Friday, July 3, 2015

Blood - The Real Story

We were out to dinner with parts of the extended family earlier in the week and my brother-in-law wanted to know more about the Blood Story.

So here it is...

Look at the picture in the aforementioned  post.  I cut the hole in the wall to trace some wires, as well as fish new ones.

Note also my drill in the lower left corner of the picture.  What you cannot see is that the chuck contains one of those four foot long flexible drill bits with the self-starting point.

That last phrase is important...

So, I used the hole in the wall and the long flexible bit to drill through the plate into the basement.

The drill bit has a small hole in it that's used to attach wires so you can pull them back through, thus doubling as a fish-tape.

So, I left the bit hanging down into the basement, resting the drill on the edge of the hole.  Apparently with the trigger on the lip...

And went down to the basement to see where it came out and attach the new wiring.  I'd already mapped it out, so wasn't overly worried about hitting anything.

As I walked past the drill bit, I must have bumped it with my forearm.

Just enough to apply enough pressure so that the drill's trigger was depressed and the drill started.

And the self-starting point started in my arm...

I didn't even look down, just grabbed the bit with my other hand and pushed it up enough to stop the drill.  And went about fishing the wire back up.

I didn't notice until later that I was bleeding.  And later still that had a hole in my arm.  And even later still that I connected the dots of how it got there.

Tunnel vision, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment