Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Scavenger Hunt

The girls were gone over the weekend, so there was discussion on social media whether the boys would get anything done or goof off.

Well...

Stuff got done.

Friday evening was spent paining the master bath ceiling.

A while back I'd installed an inexpensive washtub and faucet in the basement so I had a place to clean out paint brushes, etc.

Well, it turns out the faucet was not only inexpensive; it was cheap.  It started leaking all over the place so I had to get a new one.  Replacing it was the Saturday morning project.

The kitchen faucet in the carriage house hasn't been working well for a while.  A new one got installed.  Removing the old one was a pain in the neck.  Both literally and figuratively.  And that was the Saturday afternoon project.

In the evening I went on a scavenger hunt to find the door casing for the master bath.  It's all around here somewhere, but it took a while to find all the right pieces.  Then I scraped and sanded to get them ready for a new coat of paint.  And installed them so the tile guys had a reference point.

And now I know where most of the window casing is for this room.

No comments:

Post a Comment