Tuesday, September 13, 2016

While We're Waiting...

I suppose this could be called "Week 14", because this is it...


While we're waiting, I've been working on other stuff.

We had an interesting chandelier in the kitchen when we moved in and later found its mate in a pile of crap in the attic. We planned to use both plus a coordinating sconce in the kitchen. However, they weren't the right color...

After finally choosing the cabinet hardware, we decided to repaint the light fixtures so they will coordinate with the hardware.

We picked an antique pewter, hand-hammered finish.

You can see one of the in-progress chandeliers in the first photo. Currently it's hanging from a hook in the garage while I do my magic.

Once we're happy with the finish, I'll re-install the socket covers, etc

 The closeup of the canopy gives a better idea of what the finish will look like when it's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment