Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Hydronic Heat


While the guys have been working in the kitchen, I've been working on other projects.

The control panel for the in-floor radiant heat had to be special-ordered and it finally arrived.

I spent a good part of the weekend installing it and laying out all the tubing.

The tubing coming into the upper right corner of the panel supplies hot water from the existing boiler. With radiators we've removed we will have plenty of capacity.

The tubing leaving the upper left of the panel sends the hot water to the two zones: the kitchen and the master bath. Each zone has a separate zone valve (in white) that is controlled by a thermostat in the respective rooms.  Each thermostat also has a floor sensor to keep the floor from overheating.

The tubing entering the lower left of the panel is the return from the loops in each of the rooms.

And the tubing leaving the lower right of the panel is the return to the boiler.

The panel came pre-assembled with all the electronics to control multiple zones (4 total, though I'm using only 2), a mixing valve, and a pump.

When I get time this week I still have run an outlet for the electrical supply and fix a small leak where I tapped into the existing hot water supply.  The leak is a slow drip that appeared after I crimped the last pex connection to the main boiler supply.

Argh!

No comments:

Post a Comment