Monday, October 31, 2016

The Disposal

This weekend while my mom was washing dishes, I was checking for plumbing leaks.

And found one.

The disposal.

Not at the waste outlet, which is the usual spot, but the body itself was leaking.

Who knows, it may have been during the removal or installation process. When the plumber went to re-install it, some of the parts were missing.

[flashback to earlier in the remodel process]

The plumber seemed disappointed when he asked if we were going to install a new disposal and we replied that we'd be re-using the old one. It was a new-ish one that I installed a few years ago when the one that came with the house stopped working.

[flash forward - well, the plumber got his wish, though I did the work...]

So Saturday night I ran to the Big Orange Box and got a new one.

And installed it in about 15 minutes.

No leaks.

It's the third one I've installed in this house, plus the one in the carriage house, plus the ones at my in-laws', plus...

Practice makes perfect...

No comments:

Post a Comment