Friday, August 16, 2013

The Old Master Bath - Part 6

Things have been going at a ridiculous pace.  There's a hard deadline for this project and I've been trying to fit all of it in around everything else that happens in life.

Needless to say, I was up late last night getting the last of the woodwork painted.  OK, not *all* of the woodwork is painted.  I've de-scoped the shelves in the glass-fronted cabinet to make sure that I can get things put back together.  It's oil-based paint and I'm hoping it will be dry enough for the tour Saturday.

Last night there was a little setback as well.

The new trim around the window was nailed into place.  And the sash cords weren't connected to the lower sash...

So I had to remove the trim.  That particular piece of trim is supposed to be installed with screws rather than nails.  Why?  Because sash cords break and you need to be able to remove the trim to replace the cord...

Of course, I cracked one of the trim pieces.  That's why there's a bottle of wood glue on the top of the chest of drawers.  And the drill is ready to go for later today when I attach the trim the right way...

Re-installing hardware and painting the walls should be the last of it later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment