Sunday, June 14, 2009

New Bathroom



I installed the lav and toilet. The Clam flange ring for the toilet worked great. The tile was exactly the right height, with the new ring resting on the tile and snug under the flange. We picked a nice Kohler toilet. Installation was pretty easy here as well. I'd received plenty of warnings about being careful when tightening the johnny-bolts. It's good advice - you really don't want to crack the toilet after all this work.

The lav sink was a bit more work. Getting everything to line up right took a while and when I did the rough in, I installed and inch-and-a-half trap adapter. I forgot that lav drains are inch-and-a-quarter. Off to the home center again to get the reducing trap adapter, cut off the old one, and cement the new one in place.

No major problems, but I notice now that there's one tile that I didn't set as deeply as the others. If I don't say anything no one would probably notice, but I know its not right and it bugs me.

No comments:

Post a Comment