Monday, June 1, 2009

"There hasn't been a car..."

Six weeks or so after we moved in, the floors were done and we were able to move in to the house. We hired the same movers to move everything from the garage and carriage house into the house - some of our stuff is getting too heavy to bribe friends and family with beer and pizza!

After a few days of moving stuff around and getting settled, I was ready to spend a weekend cleaning up the garage so we could get a car in it. By mid-afternoon I was ready...

Opened the garage door.

Got in the car and started it up.

As I started to pull in, a neighbor, Kit, came running over excitedly to watch. Really.

I'm not kidding.

After I pulled the car in, turned off the ignition, and climbed out, he was standing in the doorway with a big smile on his face. Before I could say anything he exclaimed, "I had to see this! There hasn't been a car in this garage since 1974!"

Living in a neighborhood with history and great people who know it is so cool...

No comments:

Post a Comment